Data used to inform planning of marine protected areas in Domain 7 (East Antarctica) were compiled into GIS shape files. Submitted shape files include:
* Proposed East Antarctic Marine Protected Areas
* East Antarctic bioregional provinces
* Pelagic regionalisation for East Antarctica
* Benthic regionalisation for East Antarctica
* Australian and French data on Adelie penguin (Pygoscelis adeliae) colonies
* Foraging kernels (incubation, guard and chick-rearing stages combined) for all major clusters of Adelie penguin (Pygoscelis adeliae) colonies in Australian and French territories
* Locations of Emperor penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri) colonies in East Antarctica
* Predicted and actual densities (certain and probable) for crabeater seals (Lobodon carcinophagus) for East Antarctica
* Predicted density and distribution (certain and probable) of leopard seals (Hydrurga leptonyx) in East Antarctica
* White-chinned petrel (Procellaria aequinoctialis) 75% UD (incubation and chick-rearing combined) with provinces and pelagic MPAs
* White-chinned petrel (Procellaria aequinoctialis) 95% UD (incubation and chick-rearing combined) with provinces and pelagic MPAs
* Total blue whale (Balaeonoptera musculus) catch data from 1930-1963 for all East Antarctica
* Krill density data from BROKE voyage transects (indicative per 1000m3)
* Krill density data from BROKE WEST voyage transects (indicative per 1000m3)
* Ecoregions identified by Koubbi et al. (2011) overlaid on the benthic regionalisation
Fishery catch and effort data used in the planning process were also submitted and are available by request from the Secretariat according to the Rules for Access and Use of CCAMLR Data.
Please refer to the following references for information regarding use of, and further information on, these data:
Delegations of Australia and France. 2011. Proposal for a Representative System of Marine Protected Areas (RSMPA) in the East Antarctica planning domain. SC-CAMLR-XXX/11. CCAMLR, Hobart, Australia: 80 pp.
Constable, A.J., B. Raymond, S. Doust and D. Welsford. 2010. Elaborating a representative system of marine protected areas in eastern Antarctica, south of 60°S. Document WG-EMM-10/26. CCAMLR, Hobart, Australia: 67 pp.
Data and Resources
Dataset InfoThese fields are compatible with DCAT, an RDF vocabulary designed to facilitate interoperability between data catalogs published on the Web.
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|
Other (Not Open)
|Public Access Level|